BAYOUNI’S Traditional Arabic coffee:
Ensure that your coffee is ground medium-coarse and cardamom is crushed
This is the most popular way to make Arabic coffee in Saudi Arabia.
- Add about one medium-sized Arabic coffee cup filled with ground coffee to one liter of boiled mineral water, and stir well.
- If desired, add a small quantity of saffron and, if desired, 3~4 heads of whole cloves.
- Place on medium-low heat; boil for approximately 15~20 minutes.
- With 2 minutes remaining of cooking time, remove from heat and add about 1/4 cup of crushed cardamom (Same cup used to measure coffee), then return to heat to finish the remaining cooking time.
- Using a colander, filter out the coffee into a thermos. Enjoy your coffee with your favorite sweets.