Ensure that your coffee is ground coarse.
Giving directions is for alcohol lamp vacuum coffee makers.
For best results:
- Ensure all your equipment is cleaned to remove any rancid coffee oils from a previous brew and rinsed to remove any detergent residue.
- Vacuum coffee makers will only produce good results when used to the total capacity. Do not try to halve the brew using less water and coffee – your results will be less than satisfactory.
- Pour cold or warm mineral water into the bottom bowl and place the filter into the funnel of the top bowl. Then, carefully twist the upper bowl into the bottom bowl.
- Put your ground coffee in the upper bowl.
- Place the alcohol flame lamp, equipped with the machine, under the vacuum pot, and light it (Read the manual to ensure safety).
- Using non-heated water will cause the process to take longer; when the pressure is significant enough, the water will be forced into the top chamber small amount of water will remain in the bottom section to secure the bottom jug from being spoiled by the heat.
- Once the water has finished rising, keep the flame led under the pot and stir for at least 30 seconds, then put out the alcohol lamp by covering it with its unique metal cap.
- Now, wait as the filtered coffee return to the bottom bowl.
- Once the coffee has migrated to the bottom bowl, gently remove the upper bowl.
- Pour into pre-warmed coffee cups and enjoy.