Traditional Saudi Coffee
Ensure that your coffee is ground medium and cardamom is crushed
This is the most popular way to make Saudi coffee in KSA
• Add about one medium-sized Saudi coffee cup filled with ground coffee to one liter of boiling mineral water, and stir well.
• If desired, add a small quantity of Saffron.
• Place on medium-low heat; boil for approximately 15~20 minutes.
• With 2 minutes remaining cooking time, add about 1/4 cup or as desired of crushed cardamom (Same cup used to measure coffee), then return to heat to finish the remaining cooking time.
• Using a colander, filter out the coffee into a thermos. Enjoy your coffee with your favorite sweets.
Saudi Coffee with cardamom
The Saudi coffee with cardamom (Special blend) is the right pre-blend to enjoy the ideal taste.
Add Saffron (Optional)
- Bring one liter of mineral water to a boil
- Add a full medium-sized Saudi coffee cup of the coffee blend to boiling water, and stir well.
- Bring to a boil on med-low heat for ten minutes only.” Overcook causes cardamom to gain a bitter taste.”
- Using a colander, filter the coffee into a thermos, and enjoy your coffee with your favorite sweets.